Sonntag, Februar 04, 2007
Check it out!
Freitag, Februar 02, 2007
Just yesterday I had my three year anniversary with eBay and what an incredible time it has been. Some highlights that I will keep remembering:
- the smart colleagues and very constructive and happy athmosphere!
- the old couple that came into the eBay Lobby and asked where our huge warehouse was!
- the first postage we printed from within my eBay on 16th Feb 2005 at night around 11 PM, the day our "Integrated Shipping Online Solution" came to life!
- the first SMS alert that was processed by the sms service on 13th Dec 2005 at 0:23 AM!
- the new canteen, that changed the eBay campus for ever and that people stopped driving to the nearest mall...
- the opening of the basketball and volleyball courts and the execs shooting hoops in their business gear!
- the famous x-mas parties...
- my boss swimming through the stinky little lake in front of the eBay building, because he lost a bet about the number of developers that would attend the developers day ;-)
- the announcement of the free API on 14th November 2005!
- the launch of the ZLA program, the new schema migration and much much more...
I am sending out a big THANK YOU to everyone I worked with during these three years. But since I will keep working in systems integrations and consulting for big companies that want to explorer eBay and e-Commerce, I am sure that I will see many familiar faces in the future.
We had a good time during our vacation, we relaxt from the first day on, did a lot of surfing and enjoyed the easy Siiidniii-way of life, including BBQ on Australia Day, lot´s of good restaurants and endless boat trips around the harbour.
(Dude, look at the waves out there.
Can´t wait to jump on my longboard. ->)